Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Extreme Management Center - Status only interval

Extreme Management Center - Status only interval

kuba
New Contributor

Hi,

I need to monitor whether the device is available or not. And when it falls down then get this info ASAP into the XMC.

I wanted to use the Poll Status Only type of device.

But the default polling value is 12 hours and it is not possilbe to set less than 4 hours. If I understand well the device will stay green for 4 hours after it falls down (in the worst case). Due to it is not possible to use this feature to monitor devices and the feature seems unusable.

What is the range of Status Only Poll interval?

And is it possible to monitor state of Status Only device more frequently, e.g. every 5 minutes?

4e30d77875b349e99b4ad079b4c00b4e_8df05211-c7a6-4e33-ad91-9a842f7dfadb.png

Best regards

Kuba

6 REPLIES 6

Jchasles
New Contributor
Hi,

I found answsers with those KB 

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081089

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000084222

regards

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi,

sometimes you need an object to work with it in XMC configuration (to represent a device or destination ip).

Therefore "Status only" devices are excellent for that, because they do not count to license.

BR,
Matthias

BR,
Matthias

Dan15
Contributor

I donā€™t know either what could be a scenario for ā€œStatus only pollā€ if the lowest poll time is 4 hours. Something we should ask Extreme 9c49f0534ae949ad8d17722f813c89a0_1f604.png

Is there a limit about how many ā€œPing onlyā€ devices you can add? 

kuba
New Contributor

Yes Dany, the primary reason is the License. There is possibility to use many times more Status only devices than the Ping only devices. So the status only would be a great solution for monitoring devices where we need to know just their availability.

But when we know only wheter the device was up 4 hours ago(in case of Status only devices) then it does not make me any sence.

Can you please show me the real use case for using the Status only device type?

Best regards

Kuba

GTM-P2G8KFN