Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Networks NetSight prompt license expire date

Extreme Networks NetSight prompt license expire date

cheewong
New Contributor III

Dear All,

My existing Netsight server had faulty and I install a new Netsight server but when I upload the license key to the web-gui and it’s prompt license expire notification. Hence need help for the advice.

36b6535563d340b48cbdd62cf80d47cb_06c8a877-028c-4d74-8738-2e53e267ef08.png

Best Regads

Chee Wong

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Chee,

I assume you have installed a XMC (=NetSight) version 8.x on your system after the failure and you license is for version 7.x. Therefore you have 90 days to upload a version 8 license.

If you have a running support contract and you have an Extreme portal account you can create a new license in Assets->License home. If you have no Portal account ask your Extreme dealer, please.

Regards Stephan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

According your screenshot from the HTTP GUI your customer can’t use version 5.x! Version 5.x is using Java.

For further steps it is importent to check for the used version first.

Regards Stephan

cheewong
New Contributor III

Dear StephanH

Thanks for the explanation. Maybe my customer is using version 5 netisight.

Best Regards

Chee Wong

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Chee,

I assume you have installed a XMC (=NetSight) version 8.x on your system after the failure and you license is for version 7.x. Therefore you have 90 days to upload a version 8 license.

If you have a running support contract and you have an Extreme portal account you can create a new license in Assets->License home. If you have no Portal account ask your Extreme dealer, please.

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN