cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

firmware download page too complicated

firmware download page too complicated

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I'd like to upgrade my EMC but I don't plan to search for minutes on the download page for the right file.

Example:

234b336626874dbcbe1e441ce99187c7_RackMultipart20170814-102195-243j9w-EMC_download_page_inline.png

I'm sorry but either I'm doing something wrong or that is the most complicated way to present firmware versions.

-Ron
32 REPLIES 32

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Drew, it's been like this for months... (I tried telling a few internal people on a phone conversation at one point). I was a Unix SysAdmin in a past life.. and I do enjoy database stuff... It really does seem like an unoptimized database query or bad indexing.

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
haha.. I have used my VPN service (tunnlebear), trying various countries, regions.. etc.. Nothing helped the speed. It seems like a poorly built database index, and it's having trouble on the backend with a massive SQL select statement.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Let me bring this up with the IT team. I'm not sure what monitoring tools they use, but I'm seeing the slowness on the products pages here in the office as well. That's not good.

Steven_Lin
Extreme Employee
Nice speed! Did you check if the bottleneck from service provider or interface between different service provider?

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I get a faster connection via WLAN, that ISP sucks šŸ™‚
GTM-P2G8KFN