Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest and IoT Manager Configuration

Guest and IoT Manager Configuration

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

In case you are like me and don't read 170+ pages of the configuration manual you might run into the same issue as me.

After deploying the .ova and the initial IP setup via VM console you need to access the GUI via the admin url - if you just use the IP you get to the provisioner login and you get "Server error - Please contact Admin".

So please use the below url to access as admin to finish the initial configuration...

https:// < GIM-IP > /GIM/admin/login

-Ron
24 REPLIES 24

Hi Rodney,

I've deployed it on the release day, and the config guide wasn't available... Now I saw the guides... Sorry for my mistake...
I'll try it!

Thanks!

Rodney_Lacroix
Extreme Employee
No, as labeled that is correctly supposed to be the XMC server password.

The shared secret tab is for the gateway (on the shared secret tab) if using an Access Control Engine for authentication. The NAC password is not used to communicate to the engine, so this labeling is correct.

Use an XMC admin account that has Guest & IoT access, per the help and documentation.

Hi guys,

I'm trying Guest & IoT Manager on lab and it's not working as expected...

Just like Ronald's screenshot, it shows Control engine as UP and license as VALID:

c856ab08fd0b472eb4f9cee73baa07b1_bbcd7a53-1638-45e3-b475-e9a650494e13.png

c856ab08fd0b472eb4f9cee73baa07b1_4782b8a2-3b2f-4ff6-9cdf-af1e52f783e4.png

But when I try to configure it, it shows an error (as attached) "Error fetching Onboarding Templates. Error on Access Control Engine/XMC"

c856ab08fd0b472eb4f9cee73baa07b1_b3e7f7c4-89da-422d-8116-05c27c235e68.png

Taking a look at G&IoT logs, i got: error
Error fetching Onboarding TemplatesStatusCodeError: 500 - undefined

Looking at the XMC server log I got;

2019-02-21 11:33:58,646 ERROR [com.enterasys.netsight.tam.server.web.rs.GimTemplatesRSServiceImpl] GIM Domain is NULL

What am I missing??

Best regards,

-Leo

Rodney_Lacroix
Extreme Employee
Hi Ronald,

I've confirmed that the admin URL is, indeed, missing from the end of Chapter 4 and beginning of Chapter 5 in the GIM configuration guide.

I've created a change request to update the documentation adding the admin URL in both places (post-deployment of the OVA and pre-configuration of the Administrator account at the very top of Chapter 5). Hopefully that works as a resolution moving forward.

I've also created a usability request that the URL be noted at the very end of the OVA deployment setup questions (in the VM console).

Hopefully that will make things a little easier moving forward.

Thanks Rodney,

could it be that the following is also not correct or I'm reading too much into it.

My XMC and NAC have different pw so I've used the XMC one in the below GUI as the field is "XMC AdminPassword" - it should be the NAC pw correct !?

-Ron

e4ae69c845124dcdb7288ceb1af38000_4da401b7-76a2-4ecc-949b-f9b20d37b58e.png

GTM-P2G8KFN