cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How do I configure an alarm actions initiate a task (a saved script)

How do I configure an alarm actions initiate a task (a saved script)

Christopher_Tay
Contributor

I would like to know how to have an XMC alarm initiate a task once it is triggered.

I am running XMC version 8.3.2.11.

I have written a script that disables one WLAN and then enables another WLAN.

I have saved the script as a task and when run manually or scheduled works perfectly.

What I would like to do is have the task run when an XMC alarm is triggered.  I have created an alarm that sends an email when the WAN interface of one of my routers becomes unavailable.  The alarm also works fine.
In the alarm creation dialog box under ā€œactionsā€ there is a spot for ā€œadd task actionā€ and has a ā€œtaskā€ drop down list, however there are only certain system created workflows available in the drop down list.

4c5abe737257463e8248940e7011b1f6_40815f45-d787-4f43-bf3e-93b2e1b7f5ab.png

How do I get the task I have created to appear in that drop down list?  

Do I need to save it somewhere different or give it a certain variable when saving?

Does the ā€œtaskā€ need to be a workflow and if it does is there a special way to save it?

Or am I looking at this wrong and there is another way to accomplish what I want to do?

Thank you

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

as far as I know the ability to trigger scripts (XMC GUI scrips) was removed in a late 8.1 version of XMC (end of 2018). It was a product differentiation decision because of for workflows you need an advanced license.

Regards

Stephan

Regards Stephan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Hi,

I am sure this option was in the product. I can not find it in 8.3.

What version are you running?

Regards Zdeněk Pala

Christopher_Tay
Contributor

Thank you for the reply

Do you know if there is a way to add just a task not a workflow to the Alarm menu?

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Open your workflow. Do not select any activity. On the right hand side there is ā€œMenusā€. You need to select ā€œalarmā€ in the menu and save the workflow.

the workflow will appear in alarm actions then.

https://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/oneview/docs/tasks/docs/c_workflows.html#Menus

Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN