cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to Create XOS Config Template with Inventory Manager ?

How to Create XOS Config Template with Inventory Manager ?

M_Nees
Contributor III
we are using Config Templates within Netsight Inventory Manager (IM) for Enterasys Switches for a long time to get running a switch very quickly.

So we want now using the pretty new X450-G2 Switches - XOS V16.1. All works perfect - including the config backup with IM.

But how can i create a config template for XOS fixed switches? If try to create a config template i will see only the XML format of the config not the normal ascii format.

57795848cb99443a8870947c3b4553ab_RackMultipart20150729-31117-huk8zd-XOS-Config-Template_inline.jpg

How can i import the ascii based Config as a valid template ?
16 REPLIES 16

Steffi
New Contributor
Hi,

I just tested it with NMS version 6.3 but still have the same problem. Has anyone made different experiences?

regards

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi Lukas,
next Netsight Version support this - V6.3.

If you like to test, please open a GTAC Case and take part of the Early Deployment Phase of NS 6.3.

Regards

Lukas
New Contributor
Hello Matthias,

Any news on this?
I came accross the same problem ...

Thank you very much for your feedback!
Lukas

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi Folks,
these days i have opened a GTAC case!

This is a Netsight V6.3 feature!

So i will wait and see ...

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi Paul,

my question is not about the config handling within the XOS switches. My question is about how to create a config template within netsight inventory manager (IM) especially for my new XOS switches in the same way like enterasys switches.

Extreme Networks tells us that Netsight is fully supporting XOS devices. But it seems that creating a config template is currently not possible because Inventory Manager is working with the wrong config format (XML and not ascii).

To avoid this temporarily limitation (hopefully) i am looking for a way to upload a ascii-based config to IM as a config template which i can used to install new switches. The only way making template i know yet - is to use an archived config and then "create config template" - but this failed.

Do you (are somebody else) know a other way to create or better import a config file into Inventory Manager defining that as config template ?
And last will be this problem solved?

Regards,
Matthias
GTM-P2G8KFN