Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use ZTP+

How to use ZTP+

Michael_Eisensc
New Contributor II
Hello Community,

I'm currently trying to set up a ZTP+ staging area in our testlab.
So far I've set up the DHCP-Server and DNS-Server. I know that the Switch (Summit x450-G2 Fw: 22.3.1.4) gets an IP and can reach the EMC ( Fw: 8.0.3.53). In the Discovered-Tab I can only see the Switch via normal ZTP but not ZTP+. I tried to pre-register the Device but that didn't help. Did I forget to do something?

In the EMC User Guide it says, that I have to enable ZTP+ for the Site I'm adding the Switches.
But the Enable ZTP+ checkbox under the Discovered Device Actions-Tab is missing.

Could someone please help?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

9 REPLIES 9

StephenW
Extreme Employee
The article was was for ZTP and ZTP+ I would upgrade netsight.

I updated the article.

Michael_Eisensc
New Contributor II
Hello Guys,

Thank you all for your replies.

@Charles Bickford

I'm only using Options for the Default Gateway, DNS-Server and Domain-Name. I don't use Option 43 or 125.

@Bharathiraja, Suresh

In the Server.log file there was only this one line written:

2017-09-12 09:09:00,271 ERROR [com.ets.netsight.inv.server.webapps.monitor.InventoryDwr] Error retrieving Device Records for DeviceType: null ex:null

which lead me to the following KB article:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Unable-to-find-Saved-device-configuratio...

Since this is about ZTP and not ZTP+ I think I can ignore this Error.

@Karthik Mohandoss

I should have done everything according to this article.
I Pre-registred the Device but in EMC the Status field in the Discovered Tab won't Change form ZTP+ Staged.

Kind Regards
Michael

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Michael,

I hope below KB will help you to for further debug on ZTP+.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-troubleshoot-and-debug-ZTP-on-Extre...

Thanks,
Suresh.B

Charles_Bickfor
Extreme Employee
Make sure your DNS server maps extremecontrol to the IP of EMC. Also make sure the summit switch has no configuration so that the ztp+ process begins. If you are seeing it show up via ztp, it would be useful to remove the DHCP options for ztp from your DHCP server. This will ensure the summit keeps retrying via ztp+.
GTM-P2G8KFN