cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I am beginning to see this error more and more on my 460G2 switches running 16.1.3.6 does anyone know what this is referencing?

I am beginning to see this error more and more on my 460G2 switches running 16.1.3.6 does anyone know what this is referencing?

Dean_Ferraro
New Contributor III
I am only posting this question as I do not see an actual issue so far, but do not want one to creep up and bite me. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
It is understood here the query raised by you satisfying the answer you were looking for hence let us close this Hub thread here. Looking forward for more if needed in the future......

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Hope the above posted conversation helps you in resolving your queries. Going forward if you need any further explanation or clarification then do let us know.

Wishing you happy new year 2017 in advance........

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Hey Dean,

Coming to this reported log error message, please find below the meaning and remedy for the same:

They are logged when the size of Identity database reaches near to max size configured. Before adding any new information in identity management, check for memory availability is performed. If 90% of the maximum allocated memory is already used and new information is to be added to the database, then these will be generated. This can be an indicator of error condition as too many identities have been discovered on the device

Remedy:

This message is for error notification purpose, and indicates that too many users/device have been detected on the device. Admin may want to check the reason for the discovery of so many identities on the device. Also, admin may want to check the configured memory size for identity database and increase the memory size, if required.

Dean_Ferraro
New Contributor III
IdMgr: Current memory usage 460 Kbytes, 90 percent of 512 Kbytes. No new Identities shall be added to the database.

I also just noticed, after upgrading some switches to 16.2.1.6 that I also receive the same message. Thanks
GTM-P2G8KFN