cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I don't receive traps from switch which is managed through management port

I don't receive traps from switch which is managed through management port

JohanHendrikx
Contributor II
I have some switches connected through the management port.

For some reason I don't receive any traps when a port went down or a EAPS change happend

Johan Hendrik System Architect Audax
14 REPLIES 14

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I've tried last week to enable SNMPv3 and run into the same issue so I've took a closer look on the commands and I've tried to unterstand which variable/name is the reference to the next command and so I came up with this.....

1d64a76edbd74d01bb3c41b975ebc9c0_RackMultipart20160926-52914-1gaqr46-XOS_SNMP_commands_inline.png

The last thing that I've missed was the "type inform" at the end of the last command.
As soon as I've changed that I was able to rx the traps on my EMC/Netsight.

I'd be wrong with my colour/variable list but you'd give it a try.

Hi Johan,

SNMP informs were added in version 3, but you are using SNMPv2c, thus it would not be correct to add "type inform."

Br,
Erik

I have added the 'type inform' but not success.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
could you post the full output of "show config snmp"

Ronald,

The full output:

configure snmpv3 add group "v1v2cNotifyGroup" user "v1v2cNotifyUser1" sec-model snmpv2c
configure snmpv3 add community "audax" name "audax" user "v1v2c_ro"
configure snmpv3 add target-addr "v1v2cNotifyTAddr1" param "v1v2cNotifyParam1" ipaddress 144.2.144.77 transport-port 162 vr "VR-Mgmt" tag-list "defaultNotify"
configure snmpv3 add target-params "ST.-1878880179.10550_Params" user "initialmd5" mp-model snmpv3 sec-model usm sec-level authnopriv
configure snmpv3 add target-params "ST.-1878880249.10550_Params" user "initialmd5" mp-model snmpv3 sec-model usm sec-level authnopriv
configure snmpv3 add target-params "v1v2cNotifyParam1" user "v1v2cNotifyUser1" mp-model snmpv2c sec-model snmpv2c sec-level noauth
configure snmpv3 add notify "ST.-1878880249.10550_Notify" tag "EPICenter"

GTM-P2G8KFN