cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Is nodealias coming to XOS ?

Is nodealias coming to XOS ?

Tino
New Contributor III
I have used netsight almost everyday for the last 5 years to manage our network. Compass and nodealias was one of my best tools to trace workstations/printers/servers using mac address or ip address to ports with ease.

Now that we a migrating our enterasys xos c3/c5 fleet to x460-g2s I am getting frustrated that I cannot search for devices like i used to.

fdb is only helpfull up to a point, the entry times out after the device looses connection with the network.
19 REPLIES 19

Tino, 21.2.1 has a tentative planned target date of sometime in November, which is subject to change. If you are not already, please sign up for notifications via the Extreme Networks Notifications Service and pick the items you want to be updated on, in this case the ExtremeXOS operating system. Then you will get emailed when the new release comes out.

Tino
New Contributor III
thanks Bill, do we know when that will be available as I can only see 21.1-patch1-5

In 21.1-patch1-5 there is a bug with XML notification (requiring SSH) that is fixed in 21.2 or a later patch.

Tino
New Contributor III
According to Bill If you are running version 21.1.x you will need 21.2 as some change in 21.1 and ssh broke the interface.

M_Nees
Contributor III
Does 21.2. anything changes regarding IDM or nodealias ?
GTM-P2G8KFN