cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy compass reports device search but oneview compass does not?

Legacy compass reports device search but oneview compass does not?

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
Hi All,

As the description says, if I search for an IP it will report the location and switch ports in compass from within the legacy console however if I do it from EMC(Oneview) it fails to report anything?

0175a41ef9bd489a91014aae74fbcd32_RackMultipart20170831-74292-fur726-Legacy_inline.jpg

0175a41ef9bd489a91014aae74fbcd32_RackMultipart20170831-63882-9cum05-Oneview_inline.jpg

Why would this be?

Ian

9 REPLIES 9

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
no official responses on this one then? Shall I get a GTAC ticket raised?

aloeffle
Contributor
Hi Steve.

I see the behavior with only one device selected too.

regards

Alex

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
I am seeing the same behavior. I found that if I focus the search in Oneview to a specific device (or a small group of devices) I am able to find the IP address in a search.

Could this be that Oneview is crashing and halting on errors, but the Java console continues? I *always* get that message indicating that there were errors, because I have a lot of strange devices in my list (like Liebert UPS's). Of course, I don't get those messages if I focus on a switch group.

Can anyone else with the problem see if Oneview works, if you select the specific switch (or switch group) that contains that device?

I am running the latest and greatest Netsight, 8.0.3.53.

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
We're running 8.0.3.53 FYI

aloeffle
Contributor
Hello all.

I see the same behavior in my environment. EMC 8.0.2.42.

Some devices show results, some doesn´t.

The legacy JAVA GUI is working fine and show results for all devices.

In addition, it is not possible to delete "node/alias" entries in the OneView web gui.

regards

Alex

GTM-P2G8KFN