cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Legacy compass reports device search but oneview compass does not?

Legacy compass reports device search but oneview compass does not?

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
Hi All,

As the description says, if I search for an IP it will report the location and switch ports in compass from within the legacy console however if I do it from EMC(Oneview) it fails to report anything?

0175a41ef9bd489a91014aae74fbcd32_RackMultipart20170831-74292-fur726-Legacy_inline.jpg

0175a41ef9bd489a91014aae74fbcd32_RackMultipart20170831-63882-9cum05-Oneview_inline.jpg

Why would this be?

Ian

9 REPLIES 9

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
no official responses on this one then? Shall I get a GTAC ticket raised?

aloeffle
Contributor
Hi Steve.

I see the behavior with only one device selected too.

regards

Alex

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
I am seeing the same behavior. I found that if I focus the search in Oneview to a specific device (or a small group of devices) I am able to find the IP address in a search.

Could this be that Oneview is crashing and halting on errors, but the Java console continues? I *always* get that message indicating that there were errors, because I have a lot of strange devices in my list (like Liebert UPS's). Of course, I don't get those messages if I focus on a switch group.

Can anyone else with the problem see if Oneview works, if you select the specific switch (or switch group) that contains that device?

I am running the latest and greatest Netsight, 8.0.3.53.

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
We're running 8.0.3.53 FYI

aloeffle
Contributor
Hello all.

I see the same behavior in my environment. EMC 8.0.2.42.

Some devices show results, some doesnĀ“t.

The legacy JAVA GUI is working fine and show results for all devices.

In addition, it is not possible to delete "node/alias" entries in the OneView web gui.

regards

Alex

GTM-P2G8KFN