Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

NAC Captive Portal website redirection time

NAC Captive Portal website redirection time

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Currently using NAC captive portal that on successful registration the user is redirected to the website of choice.

The issue I have is the delay in displaying the successful page to being redirected to the website is too long, and not sure how to speed that up.

I've tried adding some HTML to decrease the page refresh time but that didn't help.

Just wondering if anyone else may have a solution?

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
I think the problem with the time it takes is that the controller needs to move the guest user from the non-auth to the auth role. I was able to speed it up a little bit by going into the non-auth role for the guest portal > Policy Rules, and then added an allow to the IP address of the website I am redirecting them to (our own public site). That way they can be redirected to that page and see some things happening while they are still being authenticated in the background.

I suppose that would be complicated if you were trying to redirect them to a site with hundreds of possible IP addresses (i.e. Google). It works very well in my case because it's just a single IP. And if they want to go browse my public site without agreeing to my terms, that is okay too!
GTM-P2G8KFN