cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a list of supported hardware for version 7 Netsight

I need a list of supported hardware for version 7 Netsight

Rod_Robertson
New Contributor III
I have a combined stack of X670V and X670-G2 , with the X670v ( lets call then G1 ) as master and another G1 as backup .

What we have found is that we are not getting any hardware or stacking port alarms from the G2 units , though they are configured and operational.

We are intending to upgrade to XMC next year , and also the G1 units will be removed after the various servers have transitioned to the new G2 switches.

So the basic question is , are the G2 units supported in version 7 netsight ?
3 REPLIES 3

Rod_Robertson
New Contributor III
David, hi ,many thanks for your response.

We are unable to change the mastership , as this would require a change request , and other paper work, and the issue is not that much a a problem currently.

The G1 x 2 are an original horizontal stack between two data centers.
We added two new G2 to the stack , again 1 in each data center.

The original stack only had two members ( one in each data center ) and we saw the appropriate alarms when either a stacking port went down or when a switch was rebooted.

We are configured for v160

In the end the plan is to remove the G1's and return to a 2 unit horizontal stack of G2's

We have reset teh various SNMP protocols .. hence my question about the X670-g2 units being supported in Netsight.

David_Choi
Extreme Employee
Hi Rod,

Is it possible to check if the issue is also seen when G2 switch is operating as master?
Or is it working well when G1 switch is operating as backup?

The reason why I ask above is that this issue may be related to backup switch in stacking topology. I can't remember exactly but there was similar issue gathering alarms for backup switch in stacking before.

Best regards,
GTM-P2G8KFN