cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help getting Eaton Flexview to work

Need help getting Eaton Flexview to work

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
I can't figure out why the UPS reports to the mib tool but not to the Flexview. It seems like it should be either both or neither.

0d6dc5d6b2324b8ea0182c7d60bc5faa_RackMultipart20151001-4006-bbcxtb-Capture_inline.png

18 REPLIES 18

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
I have gone through and cleaned things up and currently only have 1 third party mib file in the mymibs folder I am attaching a link to the file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgsgrc5udwu21ln/powernet414.mib?dl=0

I have also tried looking for duplicate OIDs using the MIB tool and not found any.

Murphy__Daniel
Extreme Employee
This looks like it is related to the new MIBs.
One thing to understand about FlexViews is the 'OID Name' must be unique in the MIB Tool database to ensure the FlexView uses the correct OID in the PDU.

Verify using MIB Tools that for each OID you have the the FlexView there is one and only when you search in MIB Tools.
Hope that helps some.

Murphy__Daniel
Extreme Employee
I would also need all the MIBs you have added --
Did you place them in MyMibs?
Console Event Log on startup should load these and read them and show any parsing errors filter on 'SNMP'.
Perhaps there are more than just the one you provided?
Thanks

Yes you are correct. I appears they all the mibs are failing in this location. I will post a link for the mib file as soon as I get a chance to put it in dropbox. I will also check for duplicate OIDs as you suggest below.

Thanks for the help

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
Yes, these are mibs for Eaton to monitor a UPS we have at our office. I am looking at them in the mib tool and it displays:
10.174.1.61 xupsBatteryAbmStatus 0 Integer 4 batteryResting

This is what makes it so confusing. The mib appears to provide data in the mib tool but not in the flex view.
Here is the Flexview I am trying to get working:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtoisb592emxesg/Eaton%20UPS1.tpl?dl=0

When I started it up this morning I the following error in Console, which I now suspect is the problem.
Warning Application 10/02/2015 10:02:59 AM --- dcog_e6440 netsight Event SNMP Startup Warning: Cannot adopt OID in EATON-EPDU-MIB: notifyHumidityThStatus ::= { notifications 42 }

Thanks for the help

GTM-P2G8KFN