Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Netsight v8 Upgrade - java gui not working

Netsight v8 Upgrade - java gui not working

AntonS
Contributor II
Hello,

Yesterday I upgraded Netsight to version 8.0.2 from 7.1.2
Since then the java gui is not working. The App is loading and asks for username + pw, I sure provide correct values but the app cannot connect to netsight server:

7230d1a65e614e4a9751bc30303e54f4_RackMultipart20170614-14760-1wuusq6-Capture_inline.jpg

telnet from my client to the server on 8080 + 8443 is OK!

Login to Webgui is OK with the same user+pw

7230d1a65e614e4a9751bc30303e54f4_RackMultipart20170614-102273-th6sk1-Capture2_inline.jpg

I use the X64 Ubuntu Appliance. During v8 Upgrade a dist upgrade was done by the installer 12.04 -> 14.04.1
The appliance was installed first with version 5.1.0.140.

The Installer reported no problem during upgrade:

2017-06-13 13:54:36,122 INFO [com.enterasys.netsight.api.ServerInfoLogger] NetSight appliance will be rebooted in 1 minute.
2017-06-13 13:55:36,157 WARN [com.enterasys.netsight.install.BaseInstallUninstall] Exiting. Process completed normally.
Installer exiting with code: 0

I made DB backup and a snapshot, but is it necessary to revert?

BR
18 REPLIES 18

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
Have you opened up a case with the GTAC concerning this?

AntonS
Contributor II
update 8.0.3-46 solved this problem
after applying the update i reinstalled the certificate using normal procedure

now the java gui is working again with our own certificate.

mabye it is also possible to use the old nsserver.keystore file, but mine was not in the directory anymore. I was thinking the installer from 8.0.3-46 removed it, but i cannot say exactly.

htw
New Contributor III
Hi,
we are affected by the same problem, but somehow different. After Upgrading (Installed new vEMC, copied files mentioned in Migrating Guide including our keystore, imported database) we had the following symptoms:
- java clients worked
- but purview had client connection error

So renamed our /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/Netsight/wildfly/standalone/configuration/nsserver.keystore to anorther file name and restartet nsserver service. Purview startet to work but now our Java Clients did not lauch. No error message was delivered. Simply nothing happended after Client downloaded. Clearing Java cache did not solve this.

Then I remembered I saw nsserver.keystore twice in the file system. One at
/usr/local/Extreme_Networks/Netsight/wildfly/standalone/configuration and another at
/usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/wildfly/standalone/deployments/Monitor.war
When I also renamed nsserver.keystore in the second directory and restartet nsserver service, the java clients started and worked fine.

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
The error that Torben submitted is inconclusive by itself.
However, often clearing the Java Cache is generally recommended to fix and or upgrading to a more recent version of Java. If multiple Java versions are installed, remove the older versions.

The current tracking of Java 8.x login issues on the knowledgebase is listed here. (both for resolutions and data collection if not working)
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Java-client-does-not-launch-application-...

If the above workarounds do not help, please open a ticket with the GTAC.

AntonS
Contributor II
i didn't had that error
try to reboot the complete system
shutdown -r now
maybe mike thomas knows something
GTM-P2G8KFN