Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to ExtremeCloud IQ

New to ExtremeCloud IQ

ssdat
New Contributor

hello 

we are new to XIQ environment but for a project we need some information 

• Which services need internet connection (like ExtemeCloudIQ Pilot)
  • Which modules do i need addiitonally Site Manager etc.
  • We will monitor and manage an environment that has extreme networks switches and some third party firewall
    • Can we monitor third party devices (of so up to which level?)
    • for third party devices do i need to upload MIB files like in NetSigth 

and is there any link to help us with licencing etc. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bartek
New Contributor III

Hi,

Site Engine is the single-pane-of-glass management solution so you can run multiple things like devices SNMP monitoring with SNMP Traps support, Syslog, automated backup and restore for configuration files, firmware updates, live network maps, alarms, network access control (NAC), automation using Workflows, Tasks and ExtremeConnect for both Extreme and non-Extreme products. If you need only simple monitoring then you can find even a free open source products but if you are looking for something more sophisticated then (especially if you are looking for NAC solution as well) then you can try with XIQ SE. You can send me a PM if want some quotation and/or implementation support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi @ssdat 

will you use Site Engine or not? That's the big question. 🙂

XIQ-Site Engine requires the following: https://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/oneview/r_used_ports.html
The internet connections are listed under "ExtremeCloud IQ Site Engine Outbound Internet Connections"

Third Party Devices are supported, even Firmware-Upgrades, Config Backup and NAC, even though some manual work is required.

Regarding licensing: Best thing would probably to get in contact with your local Extreme Networks Represantive.

Best regards
Stefan

do i need site engine for monitoring or do we have alternative solution for third party monitoring 

Bartek
New Contributor III

Hi,

Site Engine is the single-pane-of-glass management solution so you can run multiple things like devices SNMP monitoring with SNMP Traps support, Syslog, automated backup and restore for configuration files, firmware updates, live network maps, alarms, network access control (NAC), automation using Workflows, Tasks and ExtremeConnect for both Extreme and non-Extreme products. If you need only simple monitoring then you can find even a free open source products but if you are looking for something more sophisticated then (especially if you are looking for NAC solution as well) then you can try with XIQ SE. You can send me a PM if want some quotation and/or implementation support.

GTM-P2G8KFN