cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q&A Session with the GTAC Knowledge Program Manager

Q&A Session with the GTAC Knowledge Program Manager

Ryan_Mathews
Extreme Employee
On April 13th, Extreme Networks Services announced the availability of GTAC Knowledge.

Hopefully you’ve had time to explore what the site has to offer and you may have questions about its inner-workings.

I’m the KCS Program Manager for Extreme and I’ll be watching this conversation throughout the day on Friday, April 24th. If you’ve got questions about the GTAC Knowledge program, ask them here! I’m also looking for feedback about your experiences so far.

A few ideas to get the conversation going:

• What do you like about GTAC Knowledge?
  • What kinds of information and articles would you like to see more of?
  • Any interest in Video articles?
  • Are there technical areas you’d like for us to place special emphasis on going forward?
Or ask me what's on your mind....

Thanks much!
10 REPLIES 10

M_Nees
Contributor III
i would like to browse KB articles by category - same as James A above.

Today i have to enter either a search string (i uses a category name here) but the articeles are not sorted by date - so a lot of old articles come first) or i have to choose a category (then i have to enter a search string). currently i am rely on someone who linked the article of the last week(s). But generally this is not very comfortable and i and very very much other users waste a lot of precious time to find any interessting articles.

Are there any improments are going on ?

Thanks for the note and improvement suggestion Matthias. We’ll definitely have this on our wish list for the future of GTAC Knowledge.

To implement this, we need to introduce an attribution schema that ensures content is accurately categorized across multiple repositories, etc. Unfortunately, we don’t have this today in our KB’s metadata and to put it there is not an overnight fix. That limitation is precisely why you see Ken Thomas post a note on the Hub each week for articles published out the previous week. We fully acknowledge that “browsing” the KB by category is very difficult in our current implementation of the knowledge base.

We’re also going to improve knowledge article find-ability with improved search and present results in a unified way across multiple repositories (i.e. public website, community and kb).

So, as you can see we’re limited to “Search and Navigate” currently in our knowledge delivery, but have plans in the future to improve your experience a great deal.

Thanks for checking in on this!

Ryan_Mathews
Extreme Employee
We're seeing lots of Conversations on the HUB now linking to GTAC Knowledge and visa versa.

This is a great trend that should continue as more and more knowledge is published to GTAC Knowledge.

If you've seen a solution that will help resolve a community issue on GTAC Knowledge, link to it here on the Hub.

Long-term, we're working on Unified Search that will really make this go for our customers. Unified search would allow you to run a query and there is a possibility you'd see a solution (from GTAC Knowledge) next to a relevant community conversation (the Hub). If you got a hit on both sites, you'd have lots of context to determine if the resolution applies to your situation. If nothing comes up on the query, that's a clue to us that we've got a content gap to fill.

All this works together. We're glad to see members of the community using both sites to get the help they need. Onward and upwards!

Ryan_Mathews
Extreme Employee
We've reached a major milestone today in our KCS program and as a result, you'll see content published to GTAC Knowledge at an increased rate.

A moment ago, nearly 500 additional Solutions, How To and Q&A articles have been posted to the site (http://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com) with more on the way.

Search early, search often. You never know what you'll find!

May the GTAC be with you.
GTM-P2G8KFN