cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Voice-over-WLAN

Troubleshooting Voice-over-WLAN

M_Nees
Contributor III
For troubleshooting of voice quality problems and session interupts of a ascom wlan phone i am looking for some troubleshooting tools / reports / debug onboard with recent EWC. We use V9.15.08.

What i am looking for as combination of station events logs (for roaming information) and client reports (for WiFi Signal strenght of that station). Additionally it should be filtered to that special wlan client which i want to analyse. And this combined data should be saved in a log or report maybe every 10 seconds.

Does anybody knew a way to analyse this issue with the onboard tools of EWC ? I want to avoid to sit in front of the ewc dashboard and have to control and following both reports / logs during all the time i want to analyse.

Regards
6 REPLIES 6

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi,
my first guess is that wireless coverage is not enough in this area. So my task is to determine that the signal strenght is to bad.

Because of this i ask for such a report to see which AP is used and with which signal strenght. Because i am not on (customer) site i need this as a kind of log file or report which i can start one time and can be review some days later.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Could you provide some more details...
- is it a Acscom i62?
- do you get the voice quality problems and session interupts during roaming or only at the begin of the call?
- what topology is used for the VoWLAN phones.

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN