cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update NAC Appliance via Inventory script

Update NAC Appliance via Inventory script

M_Nees
Contributor III
Try anybody out there updating NAC appliance via the buildin Inventory Manager Scripts ?

What was the experience ? Good - bad ?
I have customers with more than 8 or 10 NAC appliances - doing this with Netsight inventory Manager makes it more convenient ... (if it works properly).

Normaly i install new versions with root user but have CLI access with a different user name "cli-user". Does nac upgrade work with a non root user ?

Regards
4 REPLIES 4

M_Nees
Contributor III

This week i do a new try with XMC 8.4.1 and NAC Appliance 8.3.0 for this way of update..

It works, 

but you have to keep this in mind:

• Appliance image file is too big (2,2GB) for uploading image to XMC UI (limit at 2GB) directly.
    Use WinSCP or another SCP/SFTP Client to upload file to XMC
  • NAC Appliance update cannot be done local.
    Always a valid internet connection for NAC Appliance is needed.
    Choice like CLI based update between internet or local update is NOT given
  • Inventory manager UI shows only some progress for the image file copy task.
    After this the other installation steps are not shown (which is most time consumptioning).
    If there are later some problem - check these log files:
    /var/log/nacSoftwareUpgradeTo8.4.1.24.log
    /var/log/tag.log
    /var/log/dpkg.log

BR

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
I just tested from 8.1.3.65 to 8.1.4.40 and it was with no issue. The upload of the BIN file to XMC was very long over the OneView (20+ minutes). The upload of the BIN to XMC through SCP was very quick (3 minutes).
Regards Zdeněk Pala

mp2014
New Contributor II
Hi,

I tried this (but I think with 7.x NMS versions) - file transfer took ages... so i came back to manual upgrading process, transfering upgrade files manually to the devices.

M_Nees
Contributor III
Unfurtunately no replies.

Does this nobody try out there ?
GTM-P2G8KFN