cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Where are loggend the authenticated dot1x users in Site engine?

Where are loggend the authenticated dot1x users in Site engine?

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II
Hi,
I use the log file tamAudit.log file for defined an alert criteria of my web authenticated users:
04tXZhx2QkS2oHwx68tY_AlarmCriteria.pngin manner to trigger as action a workflow (and I use nother custom criteria when the user is removed for run a different workflow).
But I don't found in the log files all the user that ExtremeControl authenticate with for example by 802.1x or with Kerberos authentication method.
Where are these evetns loggend on site engine?
If are not logged, there is a manner to log these events?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

KateN
New Contributor
The local authentication server does not synchronize its database with the main RADIUS servers. It is necessary to manually configure the local authentication server with client usernames and passwords.

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II
Thanks Ryan for these ā€‹details.

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
tamAudit.log will only capture information for users who register to the captive portal.

If you want to trigger actions based on authentication in Control go to Configurations --> Notifications. Here you can create a notification on say "Accept State" to perform an action based on an authentication. I would suggest caution using this tool as if there are a large number of authentications being handled configuring this tool to perform notification on every authentication can overrun the alarms processing system in XMC/XIQ-SE.

Thanks
-Ryan
GTM-P2G8KFN