cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Where is the location of Configuration upload/download scripts?

Where is the location of Configuration upload/download scripts?

Rahman_Duran
Contributor
Hi,

I need to create a custom script for HP 1900 series switches for configuration backups as the builtin HP one does not support these models. But I could not find where are these scripts. They are not in "Administration -> Scripts" page on OneView.

Regards,

Rahman
9 REPLIES 9

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Rahman,

Yes , this files will be available once after upgrade,

What do you mean built in script ?

Thanks,
Suresh.B

Hi,

There is a backup script for HP devices on OneView. It works for HP 2530 models but not for HP 1910 models. I want to copy and modify the existing HP script if I find its location.

Regards,
Rahman

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Rahman,

can you check in below location.

root@eni-ns:/usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/InventoryMgr/properties/devicefiles$

Thanks,
Suresh.B

Do I need to deploy my custom script there?
Correct, /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/InventoryMgr/properties/devicefiles is the place to put your custom scripts.

Will this location be safe when doing NMS upgrades?
Yes, these files will survive upgrades. They are also backed up automatically (and can be restored) with your Netsight backup (Administration > Backup/Restore).

It sounds like you just need some guidance on how to get going? I had a lot of questions with this myself. But with a lot of trial and error, I have built scripts to back up all sorts of non-extreme devices. It looks like HP switches allow you to copy the config to a TFTP server? That makes your job a little easier.

Here is a script I wrote to back up my old and obsolete Cisco wireless controllers ...

root@netsight-01.kch.local:~/devicefiles$ cat CiscoWLAN4402.txt-- Use these scripts to manage Cisco Wireless Controllersname="Cisco WLAN 4402 Controller - TFTP"desc="Cisco WLAN 4402 SSH/TFTP Scripts"-------BEGIN SCRIPT "Configuration Upload"-----@sleep 6transfer upload mode tftptransfer upload datatype configtransfer upload serverip %TFTP_IP%transfer upload path %RELATIVE_SERVER_DIR_PATH%transfer upload filename %TARGET_FILE_NAME%transfer upload start@sleep 3Y@receive 60logoutN-----END SCRIPT----------BEGIN SUCCESS "Configuration Upload"-----File transfer operation completed successfully-----END SUCCESS-----
And here is one I made to back up my Cisco ASA Firewalls ...
root@netsight-01.kch.local:~/devicefiles$ cat CiscoASA5520.txt-- Use these scripts to manage Cisco devicesname="Cisco Systems ASA 5520 - TFTP"desc="Cisco Systems ASA SSH/TFTP Scripts"-------BEGIN SCRIPT "Configuration Upload"-----enable%ENABLEPSWD%copy running-config tftp:running-config%TFTP_IP%%RELATIVE_TARGET_FILE_PATH%@receive 30exit-----END SCRIPT----------BEGIN SUCCESS "Configuration Upload"-----bytes copied-----END SUCCESS----------BEGIN SCRIPT "Configuration Download"-----enable%ENABLEPSWD%copy tftp: running-config%TFTP_IP%%RELATIVE_TARGET_FILE_PATH%running-config@receive 60exit-----END SCRIPT----------BEGIN SUCCESS "Configuration Download"-----bytes copied-----END SUCCESS-----
It's a game trying to get these to work. My best advice is to write it, and then attempt to "stamp a new archive" in the Netsight console while also watching the server log file for clues on errors/failures. In a console session to the server, you can run 'tail -f /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/logs/server.log'.

Hope that helps! And if you get a script that works, be sure to share it with the community. šŸ˜‰

Hi Suresh,

There is only DeviceFamilyDefTemplate.txt file in that directory. Do I need to deploy my custom script there? Will this location be safe when doing NMS upgrades?

Also where are the builtin scripts that I can copy and modify existing HP one instead of creating from scratch?

Regards,
Rahman
GTM-P2G8KFN