cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

WLAN Appliance - log configuration - Send station session events to NetSight option

WLAN Appliance - log configuration - Send station session events to NetSight option

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

how does the controller know about my Netsight = to which IP the station events are sent to as there is no field to let the controller know about my Netsight IP.

Or is the text field just missleading and should be worded "Send station session events to SNMP trap receiver" and the trap receiver is set in the SNMP settings.

Thanks,
Ron

30e1a599248b4444b74028f4b195162e_RackMultipart20141126-14858-ihrr9b-log_config_netsight_inline.png

8 REPLIES 8

James_A
Valued Contributor
Have you looked in NetSight/Wireless/Clients/Client Events? That's where I get the events. I do have "Forward station session events as traps" ticked, although no SNMP trap destination explicitly configured.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Done some more testing and my conclusion is that you need to set the Netsight IP as trap receiver in the SNMP settings.

No clue where the session events should be visible in Netsight with only "send station session events to Netsight" enabled, I don't see them.

Only if I enable "forward station events as traps" I'd see the events in the Netsight Console traps tab.

Very confusing..... so just enable everything and set Netsigth as SNMP trap receiver to make sure you get the traps.

James_A
Valued Contributor
Could they be sent via the secure connection? That's the only place in my configuration I can see the IP address of my NetSight server in the EWC configuration. I don't have any SNMP traps configured.
GTM-P2G8KFN