cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCC - XMC Captiveportal

XCC - XMC Captiveportal

Giuseppe_Montan
Contributor

Good evening everyone, sorry if I go back to the topic again but I can't find the solution.
XCC - CAPTIVEPORTAL ON XMC. I followed the step by step guide but the device cannot connect to a network to contact the captiveportal. Communication between XCC and XMC is there and I am getting the filter-id parameters correctly. Is anyone using XMC as a captive portal and can help me out?

Thanks in advance

Giuseppe

8 REPLIES 8

Thanks for your reply.

Today I created a new ssid without captiveportal, configured on the same vlan ( UnregisterdVlan ) and the client receive the ip address correctly.

If I activate the captive portal XMC send me back the filterID :

radius.Filter_Id == "Enterasys:version=1:policy=Unregistered role for XIQ-C-EAC-Guest".

I noticed from Wireshark on AccessPoint DHCP traffic from AccessPoint to XCC ( DHCP OFFER packet ) --> No answer

I configured manually the ip but it does not work so I think that I do not receive the vlan parameter.

Giuseppe

Hello,

In XCC can you take a screenshot the of client when they have associated to the network. It should look similar to this except a different role and network: 

Ryan_Yacobucci_1-1674929917353.png

Are you set up for an AAA policy: 

Ryan_Yacobucci_2-1674929950781.png
The Default VLAN in the WLAN configuration will be used for the VLAN. Is that set correctly as well?

Thanks
-Ryan

Giuseppe_Montan_0-1675066437238.png

Hi, i do not receive ip address.

Giuseppe_Montan_1-1675066507884.png

Telefonia is my unregistered Vlan ( this is lab ).

Giuseppe_Montan_2-1675066556664.png

Edsond
New Contributor II

Do you have ExtremeControl?

Edson

GTM-P2G8KFN