Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIQ-SE Authentication

XIQ-SE Authentication

Tiago_Molinos
New Contributor II

Hi!

I'm trying to configure a MS NPS server to act as RADIUS server authenticator for XIQ-SE login.

I've managed to do it, but whenever there's a user who has never logged in before (or that it hasn't been manually created and added to an Authorization Group) it just keeps asking for credentials and never logs in.

I know there must be some "Automatic Membership Criteria" defined, but I cannot find any examples on how to do it, specifically when using RADIUS.

I've captured the RADIUS packets and saw that I got authorized. I also saw on XIQ-SE Event log a "No Group for User" event - "Unable to find dynamic group for user XPTO using RADIUS configuration".

On the reply RADIUS packets I see that there are no VSA's sent back and that's normal because I haven't configured them as I don't know if they are required... Is this the way to go? Any documentation on what VSA to use?

Any help on achieving this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi Tiago,

I did this using ExtremeControl, but it should work also for any third party radius server.

I configured a Filter-Id in the automatic Membership criteria, for example:

Stefan_K__0-1704790336409.png

My ExtremeControl rule then has this filter configured:

Stefan_K__1-1704790417578.png

I have some other rules that return another Filter-Id that is used for other groups.

Hope that helps a bit.

Best regards
Stefan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi Tiago,

I did this using ExtremeControl, but it should work also for any third party radius server.

I configured a Filter-Id in the automatic Membership criteria, for example:

Stefan_K__0-1704790336409.png

My ExtremeControl rule then has this filter configured:

Stefan_K__1-1704790417578.png

I have some other rules that return another Filter-Id that is used for other groups.

Hope that helps a bit.

Best regards
Stefan

I also thought something link this could be a solution. I can even use other random VSAs... I'll try to go that way and test it.

Still if there is a manufacturer recomended way to do this would be great!

Thanks Stefan!

I've already tested using the Filter-ID and it worked perfectly!

I still don't know if this is the recomended way to do it, but it sure works as expected.

Maybe this can be a good add to the official documentation that tends to take you in a direction that will not work if you choose RADIUS as the protocol to use. If you decide to use LDAP it makes sense to use the OU=CN notation, but if you choose RADIUS that's not the way to go because the RADIUS server will not send those attributes automatically...

Thanks again Stefan!

Great to hear! 

It's the recommended way, I once was in contact with GTAC regarding this topic.

GTM-P2G8KFN