Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMC 8.2 Release Date

XMC 8.2 Release Date

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi Community

So do we have a set date for the official release for XMC 8.2?

I am aware that the Beta testing was running with a few clients, and that the XMC 8.2 Beta documentation was available on the partner portal, but I see subsequently the Beta docs have been removed.

Thx
17 REPLIES 17

James_A
Valued Contributor
I have a feeling it was related to running out of disk space during the upgrade, since I upgraded to 8.2.4.55 this time and it warned me there wasn't enough free space. After deleting a few backups it installed fine.

And yep, configuration evaluation means I might be able to give up the Java client entirely! I also noticed some extra end-system events related to authentication which is nice.

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Just finished reading... Is anybody into memes here?

fda92931ed7a407c82d3c06efd14f249_dccdc7e6-277d-4e27-bf28-4427c29a9301.jpg

P.S. Nope, no way to make it perfect, everybody loves different improvements. 😉 But configuration evaluation tool in the GUI is the thing!

James_A
Valued Contributor
Well, the upgrade was an abject failure, after reboot it had no network and I couldn't even log in as root on the console or get grub up to boot single user. At least I had the presence of mind to take a snapshot beforehand.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III

I see you've got a ticket opened for this (and a licensing issue). Please let us know what you find out.
GTM-P2G8KFN