Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

XMC Alarm EAC "Access Control Lost Contact with Switch"

XMC Alarm EAC "Access Control Lost Contact with Switch"

EF
Contributor II
Hi guys,

XMC running release 8.1.5.22 is showing constantly an alarm in EAC "Access Control Lost Contact with Switch" with one stack ERS4900, but this stack is configured with 802.1X and the users have no problems to authenticated, so the stack is able to send the EAP request to the EAC without problem.

I donĀ“t know what is the meaning of this alarm and how to solve it.

Regards,

EF

5 REPLIES 5

EF
Contributor II

HI Tomasz,

this alarm is configured to be cleared automatically, and I creared it several times before, but the alarm apears again, the problem was that the RW SNMP community was wrong.

Regards

EF

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi,

XMC green icon is when XMC itself reaches the gateway or switch or else, but for NAC connectivity you should take a look at it from NAC point of view (e.g. pings from NAC appliance). But if it's running authentication smoothly, maybe the alarm just wasn't cleared? Some alarms in XMC are cleared automatically (with other type of alarms) and some have to be cleared manually by default.

HTH,
Tomasz

EF
Contributor II
The RW community was wrong, but the switch status in XMC was always green, maybe with the RO is enough to show it.

solved.

Regards,

EF

EF
Contributor II
The switch is allways in green status on XMC and as I told you the switch is able to comunicate with the EAC.
GTM-P2G8KFN