cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

XMC WebShell / WebTerminal resizing or move accress screens

XMC WebShell / WebTerminal resizing or move accress screens

M_Nees
Contributor III
Currently WebTerminal is a good Tool for lab environments but for customers installation there a missing things ...

2 of them are already requested:

net0057263 - FEATURE Allow Resize of WebShell Terminal To Accomodate Additional Rows/Columns Of Output

net0057264 - FEATURE Allow WebShell Terminal To Launch Own Browser To Move Across Screens; Not Locked to XMC

As GTAC Article 000040727 mentions consult your local @Extreme account team, sales or SE to push these requests and hopefully let this FR be accepted.

Regards
6 REPLIES 6

Dan15
Contributor

Hi Markus,

I agree with you. However when you use the ā€œWebViewā€ from the right click menu, you are also using your local browser and have to login in addition. I think the jump link could be really helpful. Maybe something you could place within your group?

Regards

Daniel

Markus_Nikulski
Extreme Employee

Hi Dany,

the advantage to use a WEB based terminal is that you WEB client connect to the XMC server. The XMC server connects than to the device. If we just provide a jump link that you client to straight to the device and have to login in addition is not useful too.

Thx
Markus

Dan15
Contributor

I understand extending the integrated terminal does not make sense. However was it ever considered to provide an option for passing an URL from XMC to an external application like Putty or WinSCP (ssh://)? 

Maybe some browser would need an extension due to security restrictions, but still better than the integrated terminal, which I guess nobody uses.

Accessing device CLI on demand is elementary in daily network operation. Always start an external CLI tool and copy/paste IPs from XMC is not very fancy in my opinion.

Markus_Nikulski
Extreme Employee

Hi all,

the WEB terminal is nice but is for sure a quick access solution and not cover think a professional CLI tool normally do. We are not engaged to extend the WEB terminal function, because it was not designed for this reason. Adding features is a never ending story. For professional CLI tools please us ones you can host on you computer. 

thx
Markus

GTM-P2G8KFN