Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTP+ with a custom configuration script

ZTP+ with a custom configuration script

RobertD1
Contributor

Hello,

Tried assigning a TCL script to add a couple of VLANs to an EXOS switch during ZTP+ discovery. It does not get used. 

The script is valid as I know I can run it and select a discovered switch to update which works.

I know ZTP+ does not support Load Configuration templates but thought this could be an alternative to send config  during discovery? 

Any thoughts appreciated.

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Make sure the devices are checking out a license from XIQ, otherwise those Site actions will not happen.

Under Devices, you need to see them getting a tick for XIQ Onboarded, and at least a Pilot license.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I think the key is ensure that XIQ-SE is licensed otherwise some functionality is no longer available. Even my custom TCL script works when now when I Add Device. Therefore it should also work with ZTP+ discovery.

I will try the Workflow too.

But happier now I see things working. Can delete the device and start over, think the only manual step is to enforce the Policy Domain.

Hi Ludovico,

Your Workflow works perfectly. I can now use a template with variables to add config lines to multiple devices and as part of ZTP+ if needed.

Thanks both!

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

Hello Robert, 

You should be able to trigger an automated task based on ZTP+ to run a script with the custom configuration section: 

Ryan_Yacobucci_1-1681662021546.png

Also, to my knowledge we should be able to push VLANs through port template assignments through the ZTP+ Automated Templates feature. 

If you click on the Site --> Site Tab --> Port Templates there's a section for ZTP+ device and port mappings. 
Check to see if the ZTP+ Device Defaults is set to always push configuration updates.  

At the bottom of the ZTP+ Device Defaults tab is a "Global to IP Site Mapping" to allow you to have different devices automatically be added into specific Sites that can have different automated tasks or port templates/mappings according to the site requirements. 

Thanks
-Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply. Wonder if it is because I am using a GNS3 VM which is not getting recognized as vendor Extreme?

Rob

GTM-P2G8KFN