Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerohive SR2348P and Delta Updates

Aerohive SR2348P and Delta Updates

RobertD1
Contributor

Hello,

Does the SR2348P switch support delta updates as I made a port type change to a single interface and saw the Configuration was updating but then the switch rebooted which came as a surprise.

When do Update you don't see an option for delta or complete like you do with EXOS switches.

I now feel reluctant to change the configuration of this switch if it reboots each time. Beforehand the audit delta showed all interfaces so maybe this was the reason why? Afterwards I tried again and only see the delta change but I don't want to update the config and reboot a second time to prove a point.

Thanks

Rob

5 REPLIES 5

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Thanks Rob,

I pushed a completely new template to the switch and later changed port to trunk and changed vlans. None of those triggered a switch reboot. If possible, I would suggest you make a change, push the config update to the switch and if it reboots please open a case with GTAC for in depth analysis. 

BR

Christoph S.

Hi Christoph,

Could setting the PSE profile be a reason for the reboot? I'm intrigued that when you change the port type you don't see a reboot.  

Does changing the spanning-tree mode require a reset?

Thanks Chris. There are many sites with these switches in so I need to test out of office hours another site to see if it happens again. If it does I'll need to open a case to understand why as this will prevent making changes in hours, even for a simple update.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Rob,

I just tested this in the lab by changing an access port to trunk, pushed the config but no reboot was triggered. You may have had other pending updates that forced a reboot in your case. Made a minor change as well (hostname), but this did not trigger a reboot either. 

Please provide steps you followed to trigger the reboot so that we may try to reproduce it in our labs. 

What firmware version is it on?

BR,

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN