cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All wireless devices (w/ Static IP) showing connection on wireless network, with 0.0.0.0 pulling for IP address

All wireless devices (w/ Static IP) showing connection on wireless network, with 0.0.0.0 pulling for IP address

ToddS
New Contributor
Hi All. New member here. I'm not a network engineer and may not have certain accesses to provided some logging, so I guess I'm just really hoping someone here has experienced this issue, and remembers the resolution, or at least a direction to go in. We have a couple restaurants running AP305C AP's. All wireless devices in these two stores ARE seen by the network. I know that by looking at the last connected date, and the mac addresses for these devices also appear in the XIQ console. However, all of the devices are showing IP address 0.0.0.0, and not pulling a device host name.  All devices have been confirmed to still have their statics IP settings correct, and SSID and PPSK info for the devices is accurate. We decided to try replacing a couple of these devices, but the new devices also will not connect, and show up as 0.0.0.0. We then attempted to connect one of these devices to a personal hotspot at the location, and it connected fine. These are Windows and Samsung tablets, by the way. Has anyone seen this type of behavior before ?
2 REPLIES 2

MikeC
Extreme Employee
Hello Todd,

I would suggest using Putty to access CLI on one of the affected APs and try running VLAN probes for the client VLAN. Here is an article describing the CLI commands and expected output:

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000078715

It also might be worth trying to have a client device automatically pull a DHCP address instead of using static IP if possible. 

The VLAN probes will let you know if DHCP/Routing is responding on a specified VLAN.

ToddS
New Contributor
Thank you Mike. The networking team had already run the vlan probe. We found the issue though. Seems to be with that something caused a problem with the security type being used by this particular SSID. We are opening case with Extreme about it.
GTM-P2G8KFN