cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP1130 and AP650(AH) firmware divergence?

AP1130 and AP650(AH) firmware divergence?

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

I noticed that firmware for the AP650(AH) is out, with the new version being 10.5.4.0.

I updated a few of the AP's that had zero clients, startign on my AP650(ah)'s, and then went to update the firmware on the AP1130's. thats when i noticed that 10.5.4.0 wasnt an option, only the previous version 10.5.3.0.

Whats going on?  since ive had this system (since Aerohive) its been the same firmware for the AP650's as it has for the AP1130's.

Dont tell me that the firmware is going to start to diverge based on the model of AP... please dont tell me that.... not a good idea..

Anyway, im interested why the latest isnt available for the AP1130's, anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Well, the AP1130's have a firmware update.  Im re-posting this, as I did post again, but it didn't show up here.  Reposting it, this time as a reply to my first post may help with that.

Here is the version number:

systemscsn_0-1705415719208.png

10.6r1a and it takes about 7.5 minutes to fully update, along with two reboots, which makes me think this is a security fix - No release notes on that version so far, so i am guessing its a security fix.

Anyway, wanted all to know that check posts here.

Thanks,

J.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

@daniel1 yeah i also checked the End of Life and say 2025.  I will post back here whichever way they go with it, but you are so right, its an AC AP, so whats the issue, and then to have both newer release notes stating they can be updated to those two newer firmware, sounds like there is some kind of internal struggle in communications... Maybe they work in silo's with a "them and us" mentality with a lot of in-fighting.. i dont miss corporate America, although private American Education isnt a picnic ill tell you.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

I might have an answer to my problem.  I think their documentation about the 10.5.4.0 firmware being compatible with AP1130's is wrong.  I went into the AP template for the AP1130, and it states that 10.5.3.0 is the current firmware for the AP1130.  A picture of that, highlighted in yellow shows what I mean.  See below, thanks, J:

AP1130Template.jpg

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

And both should be.  did you see my other post?  the GTCAC says they are, and is working with the engineering team to find out whats going on, and get them to fix this issue.

Looks like its just you and me that have AP1130's that cant update to the latest firmware.

Yeah I did, thanks for that, my GTAC case is already closed so please keep us posted.

GTM-P2G8KFN