cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP250 - Orange LED, I can console, assign an IP but no L2 link (switch LED is off)

AP250 - Orange LED, I can console, assign an IP but no L2 link (switch LED is off)

jrfigue
New Contributor

I recently purchased 5 AP250 and three of them onboarded without issues. Two of them are stuck with an Orange LED. One is running 8.2r3 and the other one 10.0.r9b. When I console into them I see them boot. I can log into the console, but not getting a DHCP address, switch LEDs are off for both APs with this issue (tried both Aerohive and Cisco switches). I’ve reset both (pressing button and by “reset config (bootstrap)” cli commands and no change.

I assigned a static IP (int mgt0 x.x.x.x/24) and if I try to ping the gateway or another IP host on the network (which I know is there) it says “Network is unreachable” if I type show int mgt0 it says “ERROR: failed to send message to dcd (attempt to send 12 bytes, actually sent -1 (err = 111 - Connection refused)

It’ll successfully ping its own IP address and 127.x.x.x but nothing in its own subnet including the gateway.

Should I attempt flashing them with an image via USB? Where can I get the latest image? (10.0.r9b)

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Could you try switching the port the AP is connected to with one of the working APs? It’s sounding like the AP isn’t able to reach your network, which could be a VLAN issue, a tagging issue, or a DHCP issue, all of which we can start testing by using a known good switch port.

Additionally this guide has a lot of good steps to take when trying to get an AP to connect: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?n=000046466&q=CAPWAP%20troubleshooting

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

jrfigue
New Contributor

Sam,

Thanks! I received the firmware via email. I’m having issues now getting the devices to communicate on the network. I can console into them but cannot get the mgt0 interface up. I’ll continue to try to do that so I can upgrade them.

Thanks again.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jrfigue , I’ve just emailed you the latest firmware for the AP 250, you should be able to upgrade directly from 7.0r2 to 10.0r9b. 

jrfigue
New Contributor

I am able to login into the Web UI of the AP. I have the option to upgrade using a HiveOS image. Is there any way I can get a copy of the latest? Unless the recommended path is not to go directly to the latest from 7.0r2.

Thanks in advance!

jrfigue
New Contributor

I can console into the one that is not registering. It displays the following (without even login into the AP)

the process ah_dcd is not ready!: No such file or directory

jrfigue
New Contributor

*** Update ***

After disconnecting both APs overnight, I reconnected them and they both registered in my VIQ. I cannot however successfully perform an update on these. 

The one running 7 goes through the update process but after rebooting is still running 7. Don’t know what else to do.

Still troubleshooting the one running 8 with no luck.

GTM-P2G8KFN