cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP370 advertises only hidden networks (Hide SSID is off) and clients unable to join

AP370 advertises only hidden networks (Hide SSID is off) and clients unable to join

MalcolmS
New Contributor
Hi,
Before I give up on this AP, I thought I would check in the forum is anyone has had something like this.
I have a AP370 that appears to work normally, except it does not advertise it's SSID.

Attempting to join the network manually results in 'Network not found'. The Hide SSID setting is off in the Network Policy. It has the correct number of wireless networks as per the network policy 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz visible on a wireless scanner, with strong signal etc, they just show as hidden network.
In a CLI session, show SSID shows the correct network name..

I have tried resetting to default settings, hard reset, full configuration updates, re-applying firmware update, configuring with a different network policy.

Regards,
Malcolm Snelgrove
3 REPLIES 3

MalcolmS
New Contributor
Thanks for looking at that. It is curious as you would initially think that it must be a software issue as the radios are transmitting. "show SSID" even shows the SSIDs as normal. But it seems a hardware or network issue as nothing (no network packets I am guessing) gets transmitted, not even the SSID.

Regards,
Malcolm

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Thank you for sending that tech data over to me. I just finished checking the data, but I'm not seeing anything that would explain why you aren't seeing the SSID broadcast. Given all the troubleshooting steps you've tried, I'd say you do indeed have a bad AP here. Sorry I don't have better news for you.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Malcolm, thanks for the detailed explanation here. Would you be able to pull tech data for the AP370 and send that to me at community@extremenetworks.com? I'd like to take a look to see if I can find any reason for your SSIDs not showing up.
GTM-P2G8KFN