cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP650 160mhz

AP650 160mhz

felixhuynh27
New Contributor
 I just purchased 4 AP650 and controlled them with Extreme cloud connect mix with CLI to individual AP. My current problem is similar to one of this old post:

On cloud webGUI I can only choose up to 80mhz for channel width. As for cli to individual AP, running command <radio profile [radio name] channel-width 160 doesn't seem to change the config as I check with <show interface>  and <show interface wifi1> the channel width still remains at 80mhz. Much appreciated for helps.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Felix,

It's not recommended to enable 160MHz channel width on the 5GHz radio since this will leave you with only 2 channels to to select from. On the WiFI 6 APs this can only be activated via CLI. No 160MHz channel width GUI settings for the 5GHz APs. On the other hand the 6GHz WIF6E APs will have this available in GUI since enough channels are available to justify enabling it. 

Here's an article for your perusal: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000097122

I hope this helps,

BR,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Felix,

It's not recommended to enable 160MHz channel width on the 5GHz radio since this will leave you with only 2 channels to to select from. On the WiFI 6 APs this can only be activated via CLI. No 160MHz channel width GUI settings for the 5GHz APs. On the other hand the 6GHz WIF6E APs will have this available in GUI since enough channels are available to justify enabling it. 

Here's an article for your perusal: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000097122

I hope this helps,

BR,

Christoph S.

victormarcel
New Contributor

Ensure that the firmware or software version you're using supports the desired channel width. Sometimes, limitations in the software or hardware might prevent certain configurations.

TellPopeyes.com

My ap model is AP650AH which I read the datasheet should have 160mhz. My current firmware is 10.6

GTM-P2G8KFN