Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI COMMANDS PERMANENT

CLI COMMANDS PERMANENT

mannix
New Contributor

Hello !

I've been changing some options with the CLI commands, but every  time I reboot or update it goes back to default settings... sorry the ignorance, but is ther a way to make the CLI command changes permanent?

Thx!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mannix
New Contributor

Found it!

save config... 

View solution in original post

jlmangas
New Contributor III

Hello,

No, that's not the solution.

An update will revert your cli commands back. To make them permanent you have to use Supplemental CLI thru the XIQ Web interface, either at Policy level, AP template level or Device level. In any case, you have to activate Supplemental CLI in the Global Settings -> VIQ Management.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jan_Reister
Contributor

A Supplemental CLI would add your CLI commands to the AP profile and have it survive firmware upgrades, factory default resets and other events.

mannix
New Contributor

Found it!

save config... 

bswaby
New Contributor II

Mannix, are you looking at doing all CLI management on your devices?  We have around 95 devices and got the dreaded message today of the 10-device limit coming soon.  ;(.    I hate that as Aerohive/Extreme has been our go-to for most of our churches and might need to consider switching.   

Are you doing mass CLI management or just a couple? 

Trying to figure out what tools to consider pending what our sales agent from Extreme comes back with.  If anything it can get us temporarily by until we determine the next steps.

jlmangas
New Contributor III

Hello,

No, that's not the solution.

An update will revert your cli commands back. To make them permanent you have to use Supplemental CLI thru the XIQ Web interface, either at Policy level, AP template level or Device level. In any case, you have to activate Supplemental CLI in the Global Settings -> VIQ Management.

GTM-P2G8KFN