cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CloudIQ Connect Limits

CloudIQ Connect Limits

mokspok
New Contributor

Hi all, sorry for my question. Is there any limits about the numbers of devices that can I add on the CloudIQ Connect ? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mokspok, no need to apologize, that’s what we’re here for! There is no limit to the number of devices you can manage in CloudIQ Connect, only a limit to the features available within CloudIQ Connect. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jean-Jannot-75
New Contributor

Hi @James_A and @SamPirok ,

Thanks for theses usefull informations about the new licencing system, who it's a bit complicated to understand ...

In my case, I'm actually using XIQ Connect Edition to centralize about ~40 devices who are AP305C and AP122. I've few questions about this : 

1) Do you know exactly when the limitations of 10 devices will apply to XIQ Connect ? I've seen the message "soon" but I can't find any date about this

2) I doesn't need all the configurations options offered by Pilot edition, once the device was initially onboarded successfull I'm not going to change their config all weeks. Can I configure all my APs to "UNMANAGED" mode to continue to list them in the XIQ interface , for free of charges ? And manage them only when needed , parts by parts ?

3) What is the best option if I want just to list and manage all of my 40 devices in XIQ (5 SSIDs), without any additional new function because I'm not going to use them ? I think the XIQ Navigator Edition is the more adequate choice ? 

4) Can we just pay for 1 licence to extend the limitations of XIQ Connect and doesn't use all advanced functions of XIQ ? And by fact doesn't pay for 1 licence by device ? 

Thanks for your clarification about this,
Have a good day,

Jean J.

I saw the same message this morning and now this afternoon it’s no longer there. We are a non-profit and have 95 device at our main site on the free tier.  This notification and limitation comes at a high surprise as their was no prior announcement or strategic plan to help organizations ensure they budget for such a change.  Now after 9 years of being on this free tier and being  on the cuff of several new ap5010’s and some extreme switches I’m going to need to rethink our approach if this is not an affordable option.  I know for us, this is one of the main reasons we purchased aerohive/extreme as they were different and made it affordable for others.  For non-profits, every $ taken for administrative takes ways $’s for the cause.  

Would be interested in your findings and how you will be proceeding. . 

mokspok
New Contributor

Thanks Sam, you are really on the ball ! thanks

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mokspok, no need to apologize, that’s what we’re here for! There is no limit to the number of devices you can manage in CloudIQ Connect, only a limit to the features available within CloudIQ Connect. 

GTM-P2G8KFN