Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CloudIQ XOS device credentials

CloudIQ XOS device credentials

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi again,

next issue > CloudIQ Pilot, X440-G2 v31.1.1.3 > green in CloudIQ.

I’ve set the device creds in the network policy and also performed a delta config update but the user “admintest” is not able to login via the console of the switch.

Any idea or is that all not working ?!

-Ron

cf800b63965840cbaa3ae61e16027876_922333cf-5074-4ba0-b935-1c8d22f3b443.png

3 REPLIES 3

CWurm
Contributor

Hi Ron,

are you sure that this setting does even apply to XOS devices? I don’t think that it does because the  default user account specified in the XIQ settings also doesn’t work for logging into my switch. If I issue the command “show conf aaa” on my X435 I can see that there is an account called “hivemanager” - when I try to log in as this user on my switch I receive the following error message:

christianwurm@wurm-mbp % ssh hivemanager@x435
Received disconnect from x.x.x.x port 22:2: The account specified can only be used by the IQ Agent and cannot be used for login.

I think the XIQ connection on XOS works a little bit different. I suspect that the switch uses this account for anything XIQ-related. Also sometimes in the switch you can see logs that show access from 127.0.0.1 like this log entry:

01/24/2021 14:31:40.06 <Info:cli.logLocalCmd> clearflow expy: configure snmp add trapreceiver "127.0.0.1" community "xxxxx" vr VR-Default

Kind regards

Christian

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Hi Sam,

done a full config update but same issue > audit is empty = everything should be synced.

I’ll open a ticket for it.

Thx,

Ron

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Could you try a complete configuration update here? It’s possible the admin credentials won’t change over without a reboot of the device, which will be part of the complete configuration. If that still isn’t working, I’d recommend checking the device audit to see if the new credentials are reflected there, and opening a GTAC case so they can start digging in to why the settings aren’t getting updated properly.

GTM-P2G8KFN