Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Thread device to AP?

Connecting Thread device to AP?

koyaan134
New Contributor

Hi!

Don't have any experience so pretty basic question - how do you connect a thread device, particularly one like this: https://www.evehome.com/en-us/eve-energy to your thread border router in an extreme networks AP?

I've configured my AP's thread border router and thought maybe I needed to set up a commissioner but not sure how I'd configure the joiner id / pskd? Basically just not sure at all how to get the plug to talk to the border router.

I know I'd ultimately need to use something like HomeKit or Home Assistant to use the device but right now seems like there's no connectivity between the device and AP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

@koyaan134,

From what I see you have to connect these devices to a home hub first then connect to the network. No direct connection with AP. 

Contact the IoT device manufacturer to troubleshoot issue and find out how to get it connected

BR,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

@koyaan134,

From what I see you have to connect these devices to a home hub first then connect to the network. No direct connection with AP. 

Contact the IoT device manufacturer to troubleshoot issue and find out how to get it connected

BR,

Christoph S.

Ah okay got it! I had thought that a thread border router could pass through thread traffic to a controller on a server but I might have that wrong.

@Christoph_S  I'll reach out to the manufacturer. Thanks for your help! 

GTM-P2G8KFN