cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Guest Essentials Splash template

Extreme Guest Essentials Splash template

brisoned
New Contributor

I have an open ssid set to advanced guest access. The walled garden includes all specified ip objects and domains for google sign in. My default user profile is simply the default profile. I have it set to assign my byod profile which is 100% functional on another policy based on an advanced guest assignment rule for GuestAccess. I have a Policy on guest essentials that basically just says if google and my domain, register. Then, i have a 2nd critera that says any deny. The rule assigns this policy to the open network. The issue i am having is the splash template does not want to apply. It keeps redirecting to the default template. Even though it is assigned to the ssid. I did notice that it is not showing locations when applying and the locations it does show on the locations page are the individual floors in each building. I have Buildings and floors, i am not sure why it wouldn’t pull that. Anyone have any ideas what i did wrong?

Summary:

667f8b15265f4c47815f0bf272b3c788_b9eafb67-378b-4173-a160-d75e62dfdd7f.png

Applying:

667f8b15265f4c47815f0bf272b3c788_8bb304f2-3b4f-4b89-9c12-c407e56596e7.png

Locations:

667f8b15265f4c47815f0bf272b3c788_6957fa4f-1926-4de6-8e2f-6b3cc62c66eb.png

Buildings/Floors:

667f8b15265f4c47815f0bf272b3c788_af55431f-1d97-41b7-96ab-ef331c033111.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, thank you for the details and the screen shots. I ran this past our XIQ support team and they recommended we open a case for this so they can start digging in to it with you. If you can go to extremeportal.force.com> Support and open a case, we can start investigating this with you. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi @jason.hills, thanks for the mention. I’m not finding any new cases about this issue, but I’d like to check the configuration you’re working with currently. Would you be able to add me as an external admin with the email spirok@extremenetworks.com? I’ll also need to know your organization name, which you can find in XIQ under Global Settings> Account Details> Scroll down to Organization Information and the Organization Name should be the next item listed. If you’d like to send that to me directly, please feel free to email me at the above email or community@extremenetworks.com. 

jason_hills
New Contributor III

I am having the exact same issue trying to get a simple accept and connect splash page to load. It also only shows the old Aerohive default page. 
@Sam Pirok was this resolved. 

Back in March I was able to operate guest essentials adequately for another VIQ. 

I am following the guide from May 2021 as well. 

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi, thank you for the details and the screen shots. I ran this past our XIQ support team and they recommended we open a case for this so they can start digging in to it with you. If you can go to extremeportal.force.com> Support and open a case, we can start investigating this with you. 

GTM-P2G8KFN