cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help troubleshoot Updates not Applied to Ap250s, inconsistent data

help troubleshoot Updates not Applied to Ap250s, inconsistent data

admin32
New Contributor

We have Ap250s on latest 10.0r8 and Ive noticed we now have mismatches between whats shown on cloud and whats on APs thru SSH despite all having green ticks.

Ive also noticed very random old data in the configuration audits which changes depending on whether you do a full or delta update, not sure this isn’t just  a weird bug in the auditing though as its completely random and seems totally unrelated to whats either in cloud or devices or any recent changes.

We have used mac address filtering successfully for 3 years, now suddenly mac address changes in cloud or additions are not sent to devices despite multiple full and delta updates, reboots etc

now when ssh into devices the macaddress list is missing 14 clients and for another 4 it has old data.

I cleared, then removed the user profiles involved, updated devices and checked they were actually clear through ssh, then rebuilt the user profiles and reloaded the mac address list, ( currently 82 items -has been way higher in previous years with no issues) and items are missing again and old macaddresses reappear as if from some sort of cache?

I also had 3 user assignments to seperate the macaddresses into groups of well under 32 which is the limit for user assignment items. when rebuilding the user profile I added a forth user assignment.

As soon as I reapplied the new rebuilt data to Aps they reverted back to the old 3 rules , again as from some sort of cache.I checked this data was cleared from the Aps so where is it coming from, what is happening. If there is some sort or error in the update why does it show as applied successfully.

Seems to have started in last month and may be related to firmware update but unsure.

what can I do to troubleshoot this, very confused,

3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Could you send me your case number via email at spirok@extremenetworks.com so I can check on the case for you to see what we can do to move it along?

admin32
New Contributor

yes tried that a week ago, having trouble proving out GTAC arrangement as its provided nationwide through the education system so they refuse to look at it, just getting desperate and hoping someone could help

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You will likely need a case to troubleshoot these issues. I would recommend attaching the following data to the case to start with:

• Tech data from a fully updated AP
  • Output from the configuration audit (delta and full)
  • Screen shots of the configuration that is not reflected in the CLI config
  • Details on what you do to clear the APs cache
  • Step by step explanation of how to replicate this issue so support can see the process you are using and replicate it on their side
GTM-P2G8KFN