cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Look Up Device on Extreme Switch

How To Look Up Device on Extreme Switch

rwinter
New Contributor

We have Extreme switches and WAPs and use ExtremeCloud IQ. One of my WAPs isn't getting WAN access but it is getting power (it's PoE). I have the MAC address for it. Within Cloud IQ, is there a way for me to look up which port on the switch it is connected to? If I can do that, is it possible for me to turn that port off and on again to force a reboot? I could do this with my Netgear switches, but we're new to Extreme switches.

1 REPLY 1

Javi_Solis
Extreme Employee

You should be able to use the main search at the top right of the page when logged into ExtremeCloud IQ. The client page should indicate which switch and port you are connected to which is managed by ExtremeCloud IQ. You can click on the switch hyperlink and right click the port in the monitor page to bounce port or bounce PoE. You can also perform bounce port, bounce PoE, or run cable test within the diagnostics page of the switch managed by ExtremeCloud IQ. Note, these features are available when running EXOS/Switch Engine supported switch. For more details on switching capabilities please check out our ExtremeCloud IQ Universal Switch Deployment Guide -> https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/xiq/switch_deployment_guide/downloads/extremecloud%20iq_un...

GTM-P2G8KFN