Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal error when self-registering on CWP

Internal error when self-registering on CWP

haglis
New Contributor II

Hello! 

We have 2x SSID; one (Company-Registration) with the possibility to self register and recieve a PPSK by mail/SMS which you then can use to authenticate with SSID number 2 (Company-GUEST).

This has been working for us without a problem for 2-3 years. A couple of days ago guests started getting "Internal Server Error" after filling out their user info and clicking Register. They only get this message and no PPSK is sendt by mail/sms. 

When i try to send mail/sms manually to already registered users, they recieve the mail/sms no problem.

This happened without any configuration changes on our ExtremeCloud IQ or Aerohive AP130 devices. 

I have tried checking logs but i cant find anything useful, I have also tried firmware upgrading the AP's to 10.5.4.0, Resetting IDM Client Certificate etc. I have tried my best googling this, but cant find anyone who has encountered this problem before. 

Does anyone have any tips/pointers to what could resolve this issue? Thank you very much in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

haglis
New Contributor II

Update as of 12.04.23. 
This has now been fixed in the newest XIQ release. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

haglis
New Contributor II

Update as of 12.04.23. 
This has now been fixed in the newest XIQ release. 

Ash_Finch
Contributor III

What are your RADSEC Proxy APs showing on a "Show IDM" output?

haglis
New Contributor II

Hello! This is the output: 

IDM client: Enabled Per SSID
IDM Proxy IP: [Redacted] xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
IDM proxy: Enabled
IDM server: ie-idmauth.extremecloudiq.com
IDM server IP: [Redacted] xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
RUN state: Connected securely to the IDM server
IDM transport mode: TCP
Server destination Port: 2083
RadSec Certificate state: Valid
RadSec Certificate Issued: 2023-03-10 08:41:02 GMT
RadSec Certificate Expires: 2024-03-09 08:41:02 GMT

So that all looks fine. My other thought then is maybe something has corrupted on the CWP. I'd create a new captive portal in XIQ to see if that helps the issue as I have had issues (though can't remember if it was the same error) where creating a new cwp and pushing it out to the APs resolved an issue with registering.

GTM-P2G8KFN