cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move device to a new ExremeIQ Cloud connect account

Move device to a new ExremeIQ Cloud connect account

JohnQuest
New Contributor

Because of the arbitrary change that Extreme has made, I need to move/migrate devices from an existing converted ExtremeCloud IQ 30 day trial account to a new ExtremeCloud IQ Connect account. I have searched and cannot find how to do this. If someone can post either a KB or other instructions on how to do this that would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AreckD
Extreme Employee

Hello,

If you go to global settings > viq management, and then use the export VIQ tool, you can then login to your other instance and import your viq including all your aps and your location/config into the new instance using the import upload that is also in the same location.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AreckD
Extreme Employee

Hello,

If you go to global settings > viq management, and then use the export VIQ tool, you can then login to your other instance and import your viq including all your aps and your location/config into the new instance using the import upload that is also in the same location.

Hope that helps!

Thanks. Doing that makes it very easy. Then all I have to do is in the existing account change the status to UNMANAGED and then on the new account change to MANAGED.

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi John,

you are talking about APs? That's simple: Delete it from old instance and add it as new device to the new instance.

Configuration will always be lost in that procedure, so be sure to have everything prepared on the new instance. Also don't forget about licenses!

GTM-P2G8KFN