Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem modifying radio profile Connect Account

Problem modifying radio profile Connect Account

Saintsta
New Contributor

Hi there,

I have some issues creating/modifying Radio Profile in ExtremeCloud IQ : 

When i try to modify an existing profile, it's  just not modifying the profile (on screenshot 2, we can see i'm editing one but have to put a new name in it) and when i put the info as a new radio profile, i just can't save the configuration at the end. Nothing is happening when i click "Save".

So i'm not able to modify or create a Radio Profile. Any idea on what's happening ?

Regards,

Bastien Bottani

2023-02-14 17_02_02-.png

2023_02_14_17_00_07_.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Thats a tricky one, because there are so many ways to change the radio profile.  You can add the Device (AP) Template to your network policy, and inside that AP Template have the Radio Profile assigned.

Looking at my Network policy, this shows the types of APs i have assigned to the policy:

systemscsn_0-1677507025679.png

This is what I did, i made clones of each AP template and Radio Profiles.  I then changed them the way i wanted to, and then assigned them to my network policy.

BUT, bear in mind that will apply to all the AP's whose model number is what i have assigned to the Network Policy.  So, if you wanted to lower the transmit power, you would have to do that at the device level, and if you ever revert back to template defaults, your device level changes will be lost.

In the instance where i had to lower the transmit power for quite a few of the same model AP's, i made another clone of the radio profile, lowered the power then went into each AP and selected that newly cloned/changed radio profile.

BUT, i did run into issues where the changes i made to power were not reflected in the main interface, it was showing the old power setting.  In that case, i had to select the AP, then Revert to Template Defaults.  Once the AP rebooted, and received its template defaults, then i went back in to the AP, and at the device level, selected the newly cloned/changes radio profile (with my trans power change), applied it, and then ran a Delta Update.  So if you have an AP template assigned to the AP giving you troubles, try doing the revert to template defaults, then change the radio profile.  I think that will fix your issue.  Thanks, Jason.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Thats a tricky one, because there are so many ways to change the radio profile.  You can add the Device (AP) Template to your network policy, and inside that AP Template have the Radio Profile assigned.

Looking at my Network policy, this shows the types of APs i have assigned to the policy:

systemscsn_0-1677507025679.png

This is what I did, i made clones of each AP template and Radio Profiles.  I then changed them the way i wanted to, and then assigned them to my network policy.

BUT, bear in mind that will apply to all the AP's whose model number is what i have assigned to the Network Policy.  So, if you wanted to lower the transmit power, you would have to do that at the device level, and if you ever revert back to template defaults, your device level changes will be lost.

In the instance where i had to lower the transmit power for quite a few of the same model AP's, i made another clone of the radio profile, lowered the power then went into each AP and selected that newly cloned/changed radio profile.

BUT, i did run into issues where the changes i made to power were not reflected in the main interface, it was showing the old power setting.  In that case, i had to select the AP, then Revert to Template Defaults.  Once the AP rebooted, and received its template defaults, then i went back in to the AP, and at the device level, selected the newly cloned/changes radio profile (with my trans power change), applied it, and then ran a Delta Update.  So if you have an AP template assigned to the AP giving you troubles, try doing the revert to template defaults, then change the radio profile.  I think that will fix your issue.  Thanks, Jason.

Hi Systemscsn,

Thank you for your answer. The fact is, i tried all the possibilities you said. Let me explain : 

All my ap have the same profile so my goal is to change the radio profile for all of them. When i create a new radio profile, i can't save it and i dont have any error message. When i clone a radio profile, it work but i can't modify it. When i try to modify any RP the name is erased as if i was creating a new one.. If you look my second pic, i'm editing a radio profile and the name is blanked.. 

I found a temporary solution to fix my actual problem but if someone know about this issue i would love to know about it 

Thanks,

Bastien

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

oh, yeah that is a big problem.  I personally haven't had that issue, so id suggest you reach out to their tech support, even though you have a workaround.  I wonder if it has something to do with your instance of XIQ (where its hosted, the difference in language?).

Sorry i wasnt of more help.

-Jason.

GTM-P2G8KFN