cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSID Creation

SSID Creation

bobby_clowers
New Contributor
Setting up a new ssid, used ppsk, setup user group, added a new user, setup the profile, everything seems to be setup correctly.  When I go and try to connect it says it can't connect and in the authentication log it tells me the rejected reason is "SSID-Configuration-Incorrect". Anyone have any suggestion as to what I can do or why it is saying that?
9 REPLIES 9

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Bobby, thanks for reaching out. This guide reviews all the steps you should need to follow to set up a PPSK SSID. If you can't find anything off in your configuration, I'd be happy to take a look for you. To do this, we would need to:

1. Add me as an external admin to your XIQ account using the email address spirok@extremenetworks.com. 
2. Tell me your XIQ Organization name so I can find your XIQ instance in the list of instances I have access to. To find your Organization name, you'll want to log in to XIQ> Click on the silhouette icon in the top right corner> Global Settings> You'll land on the Account Details page, just scroll down on this page to the Organization Information section and you should see the Organization Name at the top of this section. 
3. Let me know what Network Policy/SSID Object/PPSK User Group you want me to look at for you. If you could also let me know an AP that should be using this PPSK SSID, that would help as well. 

If you'd like to send any of this information to me directly, please feel free to email me at community@extremenetworks.com.

That guide looks kinda old.  I'll email you directly and let you look to see if you see anything off.

Thanks for giving me access, and sorry about that guide, I've flagged it to be updated. I took a look at your configuration, it looks good for the most part, but I'm wondering if the password meets the password requirements since it's only 4 characters long. Would you mind trying a password that's at least 8 characters long? If that doesn't fix things for us, I'll get an XIQ engineer to review your setup with me as well just in case they can spot something I didn't.

I'm not sure what password you saw but it is more than four characters it is 14 I think.

GTM-P2G8KFN