cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSID Creation

SSID Creation

bobby_clowers
New Contributor
Setting up a new ssid, used ppsk, setup user group, added a new user, setup the profile, everything seems to be setup correctly.  When I go and try to connect it says it can't connect and in the authentication log it tells me the rejected reason is "SSID-Configuration-Incorrect". Anyone have any suggestion as to what I can do or why it is saying that?
9 REPLIES 9

Sam, did you see my email reply back to you?

Hi Bobby, thanks for checking in, I did see your email. Thanks for changing my access level, the password looks right to me now. I re-checked your configuration but I'm still not seeing anything wrong there so I'm asking one of our XIQ engineers to take a look with me, just waiting on his availability right now. I will let you know what he finds and what we think the next steps should be later today.

Thanks

Thank you for your patience here, I was able to review your set up with a couple different XIQ engineers but we can't find anything that could be causing that error, your set up looks perfect to us. If possible, it would be best to open a case at this point just so we can keep all of our data and notes in one place. If you can't open a case, I'm happy to continue working with you in the community, it's just not as streamlined of a process as it would be with a case. 

Whether we move forward with a case or via this thread, the next thing we'll want to get is some tech data with auth debugs enabled to see if we can get any further details on the failure. This guide reviews how to enable auth debugs, and this guide reviews how to pull tech data. Once you've enabled the auth debugs, try to replicate the issue again, and then immediately pull tech data from the AP so we can see the connection failure in the logs. If you could also let us know the MAC address of the client device used to replicate the issue, that will help us narrow down the log lines we need to focus on. If you can open case, let's go ahead and attached the tech data to the case. If not, please feel free to send it over to me at community@extrementworks.com. 

There are also some small tricks we can try in XIQ if you want. These may fix the issue faster, but it won't help us narrow down the root cause of the issue, just so you know all the options here. You could try rebuilding the SSID from scratch; since we can't find an issue with the configuration itself, it's possible one of the objects we're working with got corrupted and is throwing an incorrect error. We could also try creating a new user group, and using local DB storage as a test, to see if the issue is with the Cloud DB storage you were using originally. This wouldn't have to be a permanent setting, but if the local DB setting works that helps narrow down the issue significantly. 

If you'd like to set up a call time with me so we can build the new PPSK SSID over a screen share session, just so you have a second pair of eyes, I'd be happy to set up a call, just let me know. You'll get better help from a case, I haven't been a support technician for a few years now, but I'm happy to help wherever I can.

Thanks for all your help.  I'll try to get a case in tomorrow just to see if we can see what's going on.
GTM-P2G8KFN