Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplemental cli .pol

Supplemental cli .pol

djs86
New Contributor

Hello! 

Looking for some help here. I'm new to EXOS switches and been trying to configure as much as I can from ExtremecloudIQ profiles but I need some help now. 

I have a switch with an IP address on its trunk (DHCP), but I need a loopback address on there for SSH and SNMP.

I've worked out how to set up a loopback and looks like I have worked out how to send snmp from that address only, but I have a problem with access. Below is my SNMP if that looks correct?

Configure snmp add trapreceiver x.x.x.x community (whatever) from x.x.x.x (loopback) vr VR-Default

I can see you set up .pol files and add them to ssh using configure ssh2 access-profile xxxxxx

Can these pol files be created using the supplemental CLI? I know creating the loopback will need manual intervention to the cli as each is going to be unique but would be great if everything else could be done on boot!

I know there is a few questions in there but I feel like Im getting closer I hope!

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonC
Extreme Employee

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to create the policy file via supplemental CLI. You'll need to either create it using the vi editor on the switch, or create it in a text editor elsewhere then copy it to the switch via TFTP or SCP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

BrandonC
Extreme Employee

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to create the policy file via supplemental CLI. You'll need to either create it using the vi editor on the switch, or create it in a text editor elsewhere then copy it to the switch via TFTP or SCP.

GTM-P2G8KFN