cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade AP130 and AP230

Upgrade AP130 and AP230

DB6742
New Contributor

Hi, i have two AP's both with old firmware that i cannot update.

The AP130 has 6.5.1.0. The AP230 has 6.2.1.0.

The devices wont update through the portal so i think i have to do it manually. To do that i need some instructions and possibly installation files.

8 REPLIES 8

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

I was looking for the latest one for AP1130's because the latest isnt showing as available, but so far everything in your link is 2 years old!! its like they dont update that site!  crazy!

@systemscsn I already opened a case last November about that, the reply was:
"SW was never requested to be posted by the PDM Team. Next releases will be posted as usual."

Well, they didn't. So I opened another one this month, got no more than "I did inform our team, about posting this firmware in the portal.", no reason why they don't do it anymore.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

@daniel1 oh thats just bloody great!  so...... once the coders (PDM Team?) update their firmware, they are supposed to inform another team to "post" it to the website....  that seems rather clunky.  Id have thought those who make the firmware, test it, and such, they should be the ones to post it to the website, because the other team thats supposed to do that, plainly are not doing that part of their job!  looking for AP1130's latest via that link, i could only find a release going back to 2021!!! yup 2021, and that is not good given there are times you have to manually update the firmware.

That is also pretty bad that they tell you them "requested" the firmware get put on the website, and it doesnt happen, so all they can say is that "we asked them too".. either that department has to go, or the actual coders need to publish the firmware.

I just got an update to my GTAC ticket, which just says, "I can confirm that it should be and is not. I am escalating the case."  what the heck right? what i made it up? thought id just mess with them and create a "fake" support ticket?  I did do it at the lowest priority, but still... come on!

well @daniel1 let me know how your GTAC works out for you, and ill do the same.

Jason. 

Well GTAC didn't achieve anything so far despite making promises and I'm not sure they will.
So I'm simply annoying them for every firmware version I need as offline file.

GTM-P2G8KFN