cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the purpose of a Simulated device in the onboarding process?

What is the purpose of a Simulated device in the onboarding process?

ronzues
New Contributor

Hi all! I am new to Aerohive and ExxtremeCloud IQ and was wondering what the purpose of the Simulated device option is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, welcome to the world of ExtremeCloud IQ! Simulated devices let you see what options are available for certain models, in case you’re considering which model to purchase. You can also add simulated devices to our interactive heat maps, to help plan out exactly what equipment you’ll need  for your location(s). It’s a way to get a feel for our devices before purchasing, so you can narrow down precisely what you need. Is that what you were looking for?  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ronzues
New Contributor

Oh I see. So simulated devices are purely that “simulated” as in “not real” will never be real, just for testing and experimenting with. So if I see a simulated device in my Device list it is purely fictional and I can remove it?

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, welcome to the world of ExtremeCloud IQ! Simulated devices let you see what options are available for certain models, in case you’re considering which model to purchase. You can also add simulated devices to our interactive heat maps, to help plan out exactly what equipment you’ll need  for your location(s). It’s a way to get a feel for our devices before purchasing, so you can narrow down precisely what you need. Is that what you were looking for?  

GTM-P2G8KFN